Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Feb 25th, 2010

So, there I was in the grocery store with my two lovely little girls.....and all I could concentrate on was the smell of freshly baked bread from the bakery. Everything around me was calling to me, first it was the bread and then it was the pies, cakes, then the chocolate ice cream and twinkies and....and...and....I was so out of sorts, I didn't realize what was going on, until I heard my stomach grumble...I thought it would be a good idea to delay lunch and just eat after I picked up my kids from school and run a few errands....needless to say, that was a bad idea.
It was pure torture and I was beside myself with thoughts of cheating on my diet. The moral of the story, don't go to the grocery store when you're hungry. Eat an apple, or and orange before you leave the house at the very least.
That being said, I fought the temptation and won victoriously!!! HA!! HA!!! Holding my sweet tooth at bay, I went home, made lunch and for desert made a wonderful baked cinnamon apple...it was delicious and very guilt free.
I have to have variety in my diet and so this was probably a bigger challenge then I anticipated at first, the food list is very limited and I searched everywhere for recipes that would be different from the norm that I saw and unfortunately I had little luck. So, I came up with a few of my own. I can't follow recipes, I always tend to screw it up, so I just follow to taste.

Chicken Orange Salad

I cooked cubed chicken in a frying pan with a little water, I added garlic, salt, pepper, chili powder, dehydrated onion and let it simmer for about 5 mins or until the water started to evaporate.
Once the chicken was fully cooked I placed it on top of green leaf lettuce.
With the remaining water/spices in the pan I squeezed half of an orange and poured the juice into the pan, I let it cook for a few more minutes and used that as my dressing for my salad.
Then I cut up the remaining half of the orange and put that on my salad as well.
It was very tasty, and the chicken was tender from cooking it in the water...yet it had sooo much flavor.

Baked Cinnamon Apple

Very simple: Peel one apple, cute it into slices, place in a oven safe dish with about an inch of water, sprinkle cinnamon and cook for about 5 mins @ 350 degrees.
Tastes like apple pie without the added calories. Yummy

Strawberry Lemonade Icee

Take a handful of rinsed strawberries, 1/2 of a lemon's juice and 8 oz of water and place into a blender with a few cubes of ice. You can add sweetener if it's to tart.

Those are a few things I tried, that I really enjoyed, so If your looking for a sweet treat or something different...try these.

Also, I will be posting after pics on Friday...I'm nervously excited to see the changes.


No comments:

Post a Comment